- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Tornado-hit Ind. students hope to land concert
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - An Indiana high school that was destroyed by tornadoes will soon find out if an online campaign, with support from students elsewhere, will land students a free Lady Antebellum prom performance.
Schools from as far away as northern Wisconsin submitted YouTube videos urging the country trio to choose Henryville, Ind., as the winner of its “Own the Night” contest. The winner to be announced Tuesday gets a 45-minute Lady Antebellum concert at prom.
Henryville’s schools were heavily damaged when tornadoes ripped through southern Indiana on March 2. Classes resume for high school students April 2 in another community.
Entries supporting Henryville have come from D.C. Everest Senior High School in Weston, Wis., and Silver Creek High School in Sellersburg, Ind.
Contestants submitted videos showcasing creativity and school or hometown pride.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014