- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
APNewsBreak: Marine says Corps kicking him out
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - An outspoken Marine critical of President Barack Obama says the Marine Corps is moving to kick him out.
Sgt. Gary Stein says he was notified Wednesday that the Marine Corps has charged him with using contemptuous words against the commander in chief and violating the Defense Department’s guidelines barring troops from engaging in political activities.
Stein says the notification stated that the Corps was beginning the process to have him discharged.
Stein says he was told he was in violation for running the Facebook page called Armed Forces Tea Party and stating on the page that he would not follow unlawful orders from Obama. Stein says he launched the page to encourage service members to exercise their free speech rights.
He says he has done nothing wrong.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq