- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
New-look Patriots add CB Allen, OL Gallery
Question of the Day
Allen, 33, played 10 seasons with the New York Giants (2001-05) and Miami Dolphins (2006-11). He was a 2001 Giants first-round draft pick out of Syracuse. Last season with Miami, Allen played in 15 games with six starts.
Gallery, 31, played eight seasons with the Oakland Raiders (2004-10) and Seattle Seahawks (2011). He was the No. 2 overall pick by the Raiders in 2004 out of Iowa. He has started 103 of his 104 NFL games, and has played both tackle and guard.
The Patriots, who lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl, have been stockpiling free agents all month. On Tuesday, they announced the signings of wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, defensive end Jonathan Fanene and tight end Daniel Fells.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq