- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
New-look Patriots add CB Allen, OL Gallery
FOXBOROUGH, MASS. (AP) - The New England Patriots signed cornerback Will Allen and offensive lineman Robert Gallery on Wednesday night. Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Allen, 33, played 10 seasons with the New York Giants (2001-05) and Miami Dolphins (2006-11). He was a 2001 Giants first-round draft pick out of Syracuse. Last season with Miami, Allen played in 15 games with six starts.
Gallery, 31, played eight seasons with the Oakland Raiders (2004-10) and Seattle Seahawks (2011). He was the No. 2 overall pick by the Raiders in 2004 out of Iowa. He has started 103 of his 104 NFL games, and has played both tackle and guard.
The Patriots, who lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl, have been stockpiling free agents all month. On Tuesday, they announced the signings of wide receiver Brandon Lloyd, defensive end Jonathan Fanene and tight end Daniel Fells.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again