- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Washington slugger Morse uncertain for opener
JUPITER, FLA. (AP) - Washington manager Davey Johnson says Mike Morse has had platelet therapy to help heal a back muscle tear and his availability for opening day is uncertain.
Morse has appeared in only three games this spring as the designated hitter after hurting his back early in spring training.
He previously received a cortisone shot to treat the injury. He returned for two more games following the injection, but hasn’t played since March 13.
On Thursday, the Nationals begin a series of three straight road games, starting with the Cardinals. Morse did not accompany the team to Jupiter, Fla.
Morse is coming off a breakout season in which he hit 31 home runs and drove in 95 while posting a .303 average.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.