- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Obama says shooting death of Fla. teen a ‘tragedy’
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is calling the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager in Florida a "tragedy" and says "every aspect" of the case should be investigated.
Obama was asked about the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin following a White House Rose Garden ceremony. The president says he feels sorry for the parents of the suburban Orlando teen and says "every parent in America" should understand why it is "absolutely imperative" that the case is investigated.
The Justice Department and FBI have opened a civil rights investigation and a grand jury is considering whether to charge George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, has said he shot Martin on Feb. 26 in self-defense.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.