- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Aretha Franklin celebrates 70th, talks new music
Davis sat next to Franklin for most of the night at the soiree at the Helmsley Park Lane Hotel, which included a sit-down dinner, a dance performance and a mini-concert that featured rising jazz pianist Kris Bowers.
When asked whether marriage might once again be in her future, the Queen of Soul simply said: “We’ll see what happens.”
As far as future work-related plans, she was looking forward to performances in California and said she was helping negotiate a record contract for her grandson. Her planned biopic is on hold. “It’s in a limbo position,” she said. “It’s just a lot going on.”
Franklin said she planned to spend her actual birthday _ Sunday _ relaxing with a paper, her feet up and watching TV.
But Saturday night, she hung out with friends long after the party’s designated end time.
At one point, she joked that she was turning back the hands of time.
“I was wondering, `What is it going to be like to be 50?’ I can tell you now it feels like 40,” she said as the crowd laughed.
She then made reference to the film “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” about a man who gets younger as he ages.
“So remember Benjamin Buttons?” she said. “Ree Ree Buttons!”
TWT Video Picks
A new report draws a clear pattern of deception at the IRS
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Tracy Porter, Jason Hatcher, Darryl Sharpton set to join Redskins
- NFL free agency: Revis, Sproles have new homes while Smith, Harrison are looking
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'Funny or Die' gig is beneath dignity of presidency
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again