- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The freeloading ‘99 percent’
Now that the weather has warmed up a bit, it's time for all us loony-left liberals and aging hippies to dust off our tents and sleeping bags, grab our protest signs, crawl out of our parents' basements (or wherever else we've been freeloading for the past six months) and get back to work. It's time to Occupy Wall Street again.
Naturally, we'll want to bring along some contraceptives this time, for those special moments in between trashing public property and defecating on police cars. You can never be too careful.
For all of you college students who think you just can't afford protection, no worries. It's all covered under Obamacare, along with condoms, Viagra and all the abortion pills you can swallow. Just ask Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke. You can probably find her at your local Democratic National Committee headquarters or Gloria Allred's Manhattan law office pushing for more taxpayer-funded goodies. We all have to make a living somehow.
This time us "99 percenters" mean business. You might also want to bring along your "Rules for Radicals" and some medical marijuana, just in case. And don't forget your Obama-Biden 2012 bumper stickers - you know, for all those Chevy Volts that haven't exploded yet. It's gonna to be a long, hot summer.
J. FRANCIS BERNARD
Port St. Lucie, Fla.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Get Breaking Alerts
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question