- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
NCAA basketball coaches are in the bonus situation as victories lead to lucrative payouts
He also receives cumulative bonuses for on-court success: $50,000 for winning the Big East tournament title, another $50,000 for making the regional semifinals and finals, and $75,000 when the Cardinals knocked off Florida to book their trip to the Superdome.
Pitino will cash another $150,000 check if Louisville cuts down the nets Monday night.
Then there is Matta, whose total package this season base salary, media responsibilities, deferred compensation, retention bonuses, retirement and endorsements totals $2,735,000.
The Ohio State coach already has accrued $20,000 for a Big Ten co-championship and $40,000 for making the NCAA tournament. He earned another $20,000 for making the regional finals and $20,000 more when the Buckeyes beat top-seeded Syracuse for a spot in the Final Four.
That’s a total of $100,000 in bonuses so far, and Matta would double it if the Buckeyes win two more games for the school’s first national title since 1960.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House pushes through two-year Ryan-Murray budget deal
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- White House improvises again on patchy Obamacare rollout
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow