- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Tuning in to TV: Prince Charles’ wife visits Danish TV set
Miss Graaboel plays police detective Sarah Lund in the popular Danish crime series, which inspired an American remake.
The Danish palace said Camilla had asked to visit the film set during her and Prince Charles‘ third and final leg of their Scandinavia tour, the Associated Press reports.
McBride to sing for wedding on Country Music Awards
She will perform her new single, “Marry Me,” with Train lead singer Pat Monahan while a couple from New Jersey gets married onstage. According to the Associated Press, Miss McBride handpicked Christina Davidson and her fiance Frank Tucci to tie the knot during her performance in Las Vegas.
They both lost their spouses in 2009 and met at a support group for young widows and widowers that Ms. Davidson started in their community. Their friendship grew as they dealt with the challenges of being single parents and the struggle to keep their spouses’ memories alive.
Netflix abandons talks to revive ‘Terra Nova’
“Terra Nova” officially is extinct, at least with Netflix.
Just weeks after the company expressed interest in picking up the recently canceled Fox dinosaur drama, the streaming service has opted to pass on salvaging the series, the Hollywood Reporter has learned, as Netflix and “Terra Nova” studio 20th Television were unable to come to terms to revive the series.
Netflix’s name first surfaced early this month after Fox canceled the pricey drama from executive producer Steven Spielberg and 20th Television, but talks ultimately broke down.
Despite international appeal for the series, which starred Jason O’Mara and Stephen Lang, Fox canceled “Terra Nova” in early March after spending an estimated $10 million to $20 million on its twice-delayed two-hour premiere, with 20th Television announcing it would shop the series elsewhere.
Netflix, for its part, has continued its aggressive push into scripted programming, picking up 20th Television’s “Arrested Development” in November years after the comedy ended its run on Fox. It’s also spending big on fare from David Fincher (“House of Cards”), Jenji Kohan (“Orange Is the New Black”) and Eli Roth (“Hemlock Grove”).
While “Terra Nova” averaged 7.5 million total viewers and 2.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults age 18-to-49 demographic in its 11-episode first season, it failed to catch on the way Fox had hoped.
Khloe Kardashian cuts ties with PETA over flour incident
Her naked body once graced a PETA billboard and now E! reality star Khloe Kardashian is calling the organization bullies.
It all stems from a recent incident with Miss Kardashian’s sister, Kim, who was flour-bombed by an antifur activist last week at an event. PETA claimed no responsibility for the act, but Khloe Kardashian said she has heard differently.
“I just received word that the woman responsible has very close ties to PETA, despite PETA publicly stating otherwise,” Miss Kardashian wrote on her website. “Not only has PETA lied to the public, but they have proved that they support this kind of behavior. I’ve been a vocal supporter of PETA for a long time, but I have also been very vocal about anti-bullying, so this was a huge disappointment for me.”
Ms. Kardashian went on to write that she considered the attack on her sister a form of violence and bullying, which she doesn’t condone.
“We all need to practice what we preach,” she continued. “I will still continue to NOT wear fur, but I will no longer support PETA. Bullying and harassment is NEVER a solution, and I won’t be a part of any organization that thinks otherwise.”
In response, a PETA spokesperson told the Hollywood Reporter:
“We appreciate that Khloe will remain on the animals’ side by not wearing fur - that’s what counts. If one of our volunteers is responsible, it doesn’t alter the fact that no animal deserves to be electrocuted, shot or poisoned for a bit of fur clothing. Khloe is just defending her sister, and we know she has a good heart, so we wish her well. We just wish she also had more influence on her sister.
The reality star took part in PETA’s “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” campaign in 2008 and her decision to pose nude for the organization was captured on a 2009 episode of the Kardashian family’s E! reality show, “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
Kim Kardashian decided not to press charges the night she was flour-bombed, but, like her sister, has since referred to the incident as bullying. Her representative had no comment on reports that she has changed her mind and decided to press charges.
• Compiled from Web and wire service reports.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- NYC alarms with notice: Immediately surrender your rifle
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Harry Reid, David Vitter spar over Obamacare 'exemptions'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Global economy, the civilizing power of markets and public morals.
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow