- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
Berlusconi back as AC Milan president again
The famed soccer club announced Thursday that its board of directors appointed him honorary president.
He has always acted as Milan’s president, although vice president Adriano Galliani runs the club on a daily basis. Berlusconi was previously Milan president from 1986 to 2004 and again from 2006 to 2008.
Also, Antonio Cassano trained with his Milan teammates for the first time since minor heart surgery in November. The forward still needs medical clearance to play and doesn’t have much time to get in shape to contend for a spot on Italy’s European Championship squad.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
MILAN (AP) _ Silvio Berlusconi is officially AC Milan’s president again.
Milan announced Thursday that the club’s board of directors has nominated him honorary president.
Berlusconi was previously Milan president from March, 1986 to December, 2004; then again from June, 2006 to May, 2008.
Also Thursday, Italy forward Antonio Cassano trained with his Milan teammates for the first time since undergoing minor heart surgery in November. However, Cassano still needs medical clearance to play and doesn’t have much time to get into shape and make Italy’s European Championship squad.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again