- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Warren Stevens, ‘Forbidden Planet’ actor, has died
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actor Warren Stevens, whose most memorable role was his portrayal of “Doc” Ostrow in the 1956 sci-fi movie “Forbidden Planet,” has died in Los Angeles at 92.
Stevens’s career in stage, film and television spanned 60 years. He co-starred with Lou Diamond Phillips, Ernest Borgnine and Lee Majors in the 2004 western movie “The Trail to Hope Rose” on The Hallmark Channel.
His first role was a bit part in “The Frogmen” in 1951.
Besides “Forbidden Planet,” he had a supporting role in 1954’s “The Barefoot Contessa” with Humphrey Bogart.
Stevens was later a familiar face on TV, with guest appearances on such shows as “Bonanza,” “Star Trek” and “Combat.”
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow