- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
Missouri’s Frank Haith is AP Coach of the Year
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Frank Haith has capped his first season at Missouri by being selected The Associated Press’ Coach of the Year.
Haith took over the Tigers after seven years at Miami. He was presented the award Friday after receiving 21 votes from the 65-member national media panel that selects the weekly Top 25.
Missouri won 30 games and the Big 12 tournament and was ranked in the AP poll the entire season, reaching second for one week and third in the final poll. The Tigers were a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament but were knocked out in the first round by Norfolk State. The voting was done before the NCAA tournament.
Haith is still dealing with aftermath of an NCAA investigation into the program at Miami.
John Calipari of Kentucky and Tom Izzo of Michigan State tied for second with 10 votes each.
The only other Missouri coach to win the award was Norm Stewart in 1994.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world