- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
In Israel, covert Dubai slaying is comedy fodder
Question of the Day
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli and French filmmakers are making a comedy centered on the assassination of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
Mahmoud al-Mabhouh died in January 2010 when hitmen entered his Dubai hotel room. Dubai police suspected Israel’s Mossad spy agency, but never proved it. The complex operation, in which several disguised agents were caught on hotel cameras, remains unsolved.
Israeli producer Michael Sharfshtein and French partner Manuel Munz are preparing to shoot a $5.2 million comedy called “Kidon,” the supposed name of the Mossad’s assassination department. The film posits that French and Israeli small-time criminals killed al-Mabhouh and framed the Mossad.
Munz said Monday the film offers a suggestion of what happened in the Mabhouh operation, which remains shrouded in mystery.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world