- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
In Israel, covert Dubai slaying is comedy fodder
Question of the Day
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli and French filmmakers are making a comedy centered on the assassination of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
Mahmoud al-Mabhouh died in January 2010 when hitmen entered his Dubai hotel room. Dubai police suspected Israel’s Mossad spy agency, but never proved it. The complex operation, in which several disguised agents were caught on hotel cameras, remains unsolved.
Israeli producer Michael Sharfshtein and French partner Manuel Munz are preparing to shoot a $5.2 million comedy called “Kidon,” the supposed name of the Mossad’s assassination department. The film posits that French and Israeli small-time criminals killed al-Mabhouh and framed the Mossad.
Munz said Monday the film offers a suggestion of what happened in the Mabhouh operation, which remains shrouded in mystery.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world