- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Howard edges North Carolina A&T 51-50 in MEAC
Question of the Day
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Calvin Thompson scored 15 points, including a tiebreaking layup with 48 seconds remaining, as Howard defeated North Carolina A&T 51-50 Tuesday in the first round of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
Thompson's basket gave the 10th-seeded Bison (10-20) a 49-47 lead after neither team had scored for 4 minutes.
DaMetrius Upchurch made one free throw with 29 seconds left for the seventh-seeded Aggies (12-20) but missed the second. Two free throws by Mike Phillips widened Howard's lead to three, 51-48, before a layup by Upchurch with 4 seconds left ended the scoring.
Howard will face No. 2 seed Norfolk State in the quarterfinals Wednesday. The Bison got 10 points from Prince Okoroh, nine from Simuel Frazier and seven points and eight rebounds from Phillips.
Adrian Powell scored 16 points and Upchurch 13 for the Aggies, who made just 1 of 11 from 3-point range. Austin Witter blocked six shots.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq