- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Hoyas aim for long stay in Big East tournament
Four wins in four days to take title
Given the way the Hoyas bumbled against Marquette’s press - Georgetown’s bigger lineup had trouble moving the ball out of the backcourt - Thompson knows that his team has given opponents a window on how to frustrate them offensively.
“Do I anticipate us getting pressed because of our showing the other day? Absolutely,” he said.
In the grand scheme of things, perhaps this week’s tournament isn’t of paramount importance for the Hoyas - most NCAA tournament projections have the Hoyas safely in as a No. 3 seed - but for the players, especially the seniors, this trip to New York means everything.
“It’s so important,” Clark said. “I’m going up there with the mindset that this is my last go-round, and I don’t want to lose. Henry [Sims] and I are telling the guys that we don’t want to go out with a loss. Our team being the family we are, everybody understands that.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again