- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Trespasser suspected on Garth Brooks’ property
Question of the Day
CLAREMORE, OKLA. (AP) - Oklahoma authorities say they’re searching for a suspected trespasser after a burning vehicle was found near the home of country singer Garth Brooks.
Tulsa television station KOTV reports that one of Brooks‘ neighbors reported the fire Thursday morning. Police say the burning Chrysler SUV had been reported stolen Wednesday.
The sheriff’s office says that when they responded to the fire, they saw a man running across Brooks‘ property. A deputy says authorities set up a perimeter around Brooks‘ property to try to locate the man.
It wasn’t immediately known whether the man knew the property belonged to Brooks.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq