- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Left can’t have contraception issue both ways
Question of the Day
Sandra Fluke is the adult poster child for the hypocrisy of the political left (“Ms. Fluke’s fluke,” Commentary, Thursday). Out of one side of its collective mouth, the left demands that the government stay out of its bedroom and womb, but from the other side, it demands that the government (“we, the People”) pay for its birth control and abortions.
The left has enlisted this 30-year-old single woman attending a prestigious university to claim before Congress that she is going broke paying for contraception because of her sexually promiscuous behavior. Rush Limbaugh apologized for calling Ms. Fluke a “slut” (definition: “promiscuous woman”) a term almost as vulgar as one used by the left’s unapologetic Bill Maher to insult and humiliate former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, a married, monogamous, conservative Christian woman. What a double standard. Where is the outrage?
Ms. Fluke, President Obama and the Democrats are demanding that all Americans pay for the contraception of all women. This includes morning-after abortifacients and abortions - even though abortion is against the moral beliefs of half of all Americans. Does that sound absurd? It is. The left ridiculously has made birth control an issue in the presidential election with the intention of amassing the female vote, but any woman with an ounce of intelligence ought to see through this ruse.
This year’s election will decide the fate of America: whether we become a socialistic state or instead make a right turn toward a more moral society, the sort the Founders knew was imperative for a free America to survive. It will be up to each of us to put aside any disagreements, get behind the eventual GOP nominee and elect him president.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan