- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Fla. university head: Keep FAMU band suspended
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s top state university official is asking Florida A&M University to keep its famed band off the field.
Eleven FAMU band members have been charged with felony hazing in connection to the death of drum major Robert Champion in November.
State University System Chancellor Frank Brogan wrote a letter Thursday to FAMU’s president saying the school should not consider reinstating the Marching 100 at this time.
Brogan said the band’s long-term survival could be affected if the band started performing before ongoing investigations into the band have finished.
Brogan’s letter came the same day that band director Julian White said he was retiring.
FAMU President James Ammons is expected to discuss the band at an upcoming special meeting of the university board of trustees.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!