- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Resale of the week: Home on 4 acres in Fort Washington
Question of the Day
Just in time for swimming season, a luxurious home with an in-ground pool set within a parklike setting is on the market in Fort Washington. The home, which has approximately 8,800 square feet, is privately situated in the Nr Silesia subdivision and has a fully fenced lot with a security gate.
The pool is just one of many of the features found in this five-bedroom, 4 1/2-bath home, which was custom-built in 2005.
A circular driveway offers a stately entrance to the home at 1400 Old Musket Lane, which is on the market for $1,200,000. There’s plenty of parking thanks to a four-bay garage and a long driveway. There’s also an additional detached work garage.
A vaulted two-story foyer and pristine dark hardwood floors greet visitors at the front door. Main-level rooms in this open floor plan include a formal dining room, family room, great room, gourmet kitchen and a first-floor master suite.
The dining room is spacious enough to comfortably fit the owner’s formal table with seating for eight. Nearby are the cozy family room with a fireplace and two sets of French doors leading to the backyard.
It’s the airy great room that steals the show in this home. This expansive, sun-drenched two-story room in the back of the home is ideal for entertaining. It also features two sets of French doors and a fireplace. The fireplace is made bold by a dark accent wall and is flanked by a pair of cabinets with marble counters.
The kitchen is fit for a chef. In addition to professional-grade stainless steel appliances and a workspace with desk, the kitchen is outfitted with granite counters, custom cherry cabinets and ceramic tile flooring. It also includes convenient features such as a built-in steamer.
Counter space is plentiful thanks to a large center island that also works as a breakfast bar. For more leisurely dining, the kitchen has an open and sunny breakfast room set within a wall of windows. A wooden spiral staircase off the kitchen area leads up to the second-level loft.
This three-level home features the possibility of one-level living at its best, with a generous master suite on the main level. This sumptuous main bedroom offers a huge walk-in closet, separate double-door-entry sitting room, and a bathroom that resembles a spa.
The well-appointed bathroom has a unique circular Jacuzzi soaking tub with a tile surround, a stand-up glass-block shower and custom vanities.
There are bedrooms on each level, with one on the lower level and three on the top floor. These bedrooms are well-appointed and share a bright, open second-floor loft that overlooks the great room.
Each level in the home was meticulously planned, including the amenity-filled lower level. Guests will find a fully finished basement that comes complete with a theater room, spa and steam room, and a recreation room large enough for the owner’s billiards table and several sets of tables and chairs.
While space abounds inside on all three levels, the exterior and its 4-plus acres are just as impressive and ideal for outdoor entertaining. With multilevel decks, a three-season gazebo, patios, a pool house and an in-ground pool, there’s plenty of warm-weather fun ahead. There is no homeowners association, so the owners can add outdoor features in the oversized yard as desired.
Address: 1400 Old Musket Lane, Fort Washington, MD 20744
Community: Nr Silesia
Homeowners association fee: None
Age: Built in 2005
Size: 8,800 square feet on a lot of 4.2 acres
Exterior features: Fenced property with security gate, private wooded views, in-ground pool, pool house, gazebo, four-car garage, additional detached work garage, circular driveway
Interior features: Five bedrooms, 4½ baths, vaulted entry foyer, hardwood floors, detailed molding, two-story family room, spiral staircase, gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, custom cherry cabinetry, loft, main-level master suite with sitting room and walk-in closet, finished basement with home theater, exercise room
Amenities: Jacuzzi soaking tub, fireplace, spa and steam room
Schools: Rose Valley Elementary, Gourdine Middle, Friendly High
Close by: Tantallon Country Club, Fort Washington Marina, Fort Washington Park, National Harbor, recreation, shopping, dining
Open house: By appointment
Contact: Michelle Jonasson-Jones of Royal Dominion Realty at 240/425-3008
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq