- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Button edges Vettel in F1 Spanish GP practice
Question of the Day
BARCELONA, SPAIN (AP) - McLaren's Jenson Button was fastest in practice for the Spanish Grand Prix, edging Formula One points leader Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull in a slippery final session on Friday.
The British driver's lap time of 1 minute, 23.399 seconds around the Catalunya Circuit was under two-tenths of a second quicker than two-time defending champion Vettel, who won the race last year.
Nico Rosberg of Mercedes, teammate Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus were the only other drivers within half a second of Button.
A number of drivers ran off track as they grappled with tires on the hot track, with Red Bull's Mark Webber and Williams' Bruno Senna performing the most dramatic spins.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq