- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
3 stabbed in 2 D.C. attacks
Three people were stabbed Monday afternoon in two attacks reported within minutes of one another in a Northeast neighborhood, a D.C. fire official said.
A separate stabbing was also reported in the 1300 block of Columbia Road Northwest close to 7 p.m.
One person was taken to the hospital with life threatening injuries after being stabbed at 2651 Benning Road Northeast around 3:32 p.m., said Lon Walls, spokesman for the District’s Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department. Police reported that a woman had been stabbed at Oklahoma and Benning roads, which is the closest intersection to the gas station at that address.
Two other women were reported at 3:34 p.m. to have suffered cuts to their legs and faces at 1836 D Street Northeast, about a half-mile from the gas station, Mr. Walls said. No one was taken to the hospital from that location.
A Metropolitan Police Department spokesman only reported one stabbing victim but said the altercation may have started at and 18th and D streets and moved to the location at Oklahoma and Benning roads.
No information was immediately available about stabbing in Northwest D.C.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background checks stalled as firefighter arrests mount
- Independent Catania files paperwork for D.C. mayoral bid
- Gray comes out fighting accusations in fund scheme
- Gray holds cash advantage in D.C. mayor's race
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again