- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lenin’s name reappears at Walesa’s Polish shipyard
Question of the Day
WARSAW, POLAND (AP) - Lenin’s notorious name has returned to a public spot in Eastern Europe: the Gdansk shipyard where Lech Walesa led his anti-communist movement. Though just for a film set, the move has sparked emotions.
A reconstructed sign with the words “In the name of Lenin” returned to the shipyard on the Baltic coast late Sunday. Mayor Pawel Adamowicz allowed the sign to go up to help create a historically accurate backdrop as the Oscar-winning director Andrzej Wajda makes a film about Walesa.
Solidarity, a labor union that is heir to Walesa’s freedom movement, and Law and Justice, a conservative party, protested strongly Monday. Law and Justice asked prosecutors to investigate whether Adamowicz broke a law against propagating communism.
Prosecutors say there is no crime since the reconstruction is for educational purposes.
TWT Video Picks
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors