- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Presidential magic is gone
Question of the Day
President Obama, our philosopher-president, seems to be the most egotistical and hubris-laden president there has been in my lifetime, and I am a balding, doddering old fogey. What's more, I have never shared the opinion of historian Michael Beschloss that Mr. Obama is one of the smartest men ever elected to the presidency, nor have I ever felt that pleasurable leg tingle that so delighted MSNBC's Chris Matthews.
Call me picky and out of touch with our evolving society, but I still apply standards of right and wrong, good and bad, and self-serving and selfless to people and the decisions they make.
Appending Mr. Obama's alleged accomplishments to pre-existing biographies of some of his predecessors is less a smooth dovetail than a desperate attempt to burnish a rapidly tarnishing brand. The president's obsessive narcissism has become tiresome. Even my liberal friends are yawning.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy