- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Carpenter hits wall in 3rd crash of day at Indy
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Ed Carpenter is the third driver to crash during Saturday's qualifications at the Indianapolis 500.
The American was driving through the second turn when the car spun and slammed hard into the outside wall. He was released from the infield medical center and cleared to drive.
Rookie Bryan Clauson and veteran Oriol Servia also were released and cleared to drive after earlier crashes.
Clauson's car bobbled as he drove through the first turn on the fourth and final lap of his qualifying attempt. The team hopes to fix the original car so Clauson can make another qualification attempt Sunday.
Servia, a Spanish driver, later spun coming out of the fourth turn, hit the inside wall and ran into the attenuator at the entrance to pit road.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014