- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
American Scene: 100,000 Facebook users use organ donor option
Question of the Day
ATLANTA — An organ donation group says more than 100,000 people used a Facebook feature on its first day to declare they are donors.
The option was announced Tuesday by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to boost the number of potential organ donors. It allows Facebook users to add organ donor along with other personal information on the site.
Donate Life America, the group working with Facebook, said more than 100,000 users had added their donor status by Tuesday night.
The feature also provides a link to state registries so people can officially sign up to be donors. By Wednesday morning, 18,000 Facebook users had used the link.
A spokeswoman said the company didn’t know how many of those 18,000 followed through and registered.
Pastor: Telling parents to punch gay sons was joke
FAYETTEVILLE — A North Carolina pastor says he was joking when he told parents to punch their sons if they show any signs of homosexuality.
Sean Harris was preaching at Berean Baptist Church about marriage before a vote on a state constitutional amendment that would make marriage between a man and a woman the only legal domestic union in the state.
Mr. Harris said he does not advocate hitting children and wishes he could take back the remarks.
He said he stands by his belief that “the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly.”
Killer of Olympic boxer gets 21 years to life
LAS VEGAS — A man has been sentenced to 21 years to life in a Nevada prison for the slaying of Olympic bronze medal-winning boxer Rhoshii Wells in a Las Vegas apartment courtyard.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world