- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
American Scene: 100,000 Facebook users use organ donor option
ATLANTA — An organ donation group says more than 100,000 people used a Facebook feature on its first day to declare they are donors.
The option was announced Tuesday by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to boost the number of potential organ donors. It allows Facebook users to add organ donor along with other personal information on the site.
Donate Life America, the group working with Facebook, said more than 100,000 users had added their donor status by Tuesday night.
The feature also provides a link to state registries so people can officially sign up to be donors. By Wednesday morning, 18,000 Facebook users had used the link.
A spokeswoman said the company didn’t know how many of those 18,000 followed through and registered.
Pastor: Telling parents to punch gay sons was joke
FAYETTEVILLE — A North Carolina pastor says he was joking when he told parents to punch their sons if they show any signs of homosexuality.
Sean Harris was preaching at Berean Baptist Church about marriage before a vote on a state constitutional amendment that would make marriage between a man and a woman the only legal domestic union in the state.
Mr. Harris said he does not advocate hitting children and wishes he could take back the remarks.
He said he stands by his belief that “the word of God makes it clear that effeminate behavior is ungodly.”
Killer of Olympic boxer gets 21 years to life
LAS VEGAS — A man has been sentenced to 21 years to life in a Nevada prison for the slaying of Olympic bronze medal-winning boxer Rhoshii Wells in a Las Vegas apartment courtyard.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014