- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
Briefly: U.N. counts 5,000 displaced in Congo fighting
Early in April, several senior military and former members of the CNDP rebel group defected from the army and regrouped as a rebel force. A local official, however, says it has reclaimed several villages in an offensive launched against the rebels.
Suicide bomber kills politicians in restaurant
MOGADISHU — A suicide bomber killed at least six people including two lawmakers in an attack in the central Somali town of Dhusamareb, officials said this week.
Witnesses said a man entered a restaurant, where lawmakers on Tuesday were meeting with the public over lunch to discuss the setting up of a regional administration, before blowing himself up.
No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack in the Dhusamareb, a strategic town in the central Galgadud region, which pro-government forces wrested back from al Qaeda-allied al-Shabab terrorists last month.
Workers accuse Chinese bosses of mistreatment
HARARE — The government is investigating persistent reports of rampant abuse of workers by Chinese employers.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again