- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Word police fail to strike ‘alien’ from lexicon
Question of the Day
In the brazen world of the illegal-alien lobby, there is no end to the angry efforts to stop any use of the accurate term “illegal alien” to describe noncitizens present in the United States in violation of our immigration laws.
As if to highlight their lack of shame and limitless race-baiting skills, many anti-enforcement hucksters have compared the use of the legally correct term “illegal alien” to the reprehensible use of the N-word to describe black Americans.
That said, for pro-enforcement Americans, it is more than a little entertaining to witness the far-left’s howling over the fact that during the recent 80-minute-long Supreme Court hearing on Arizona’s 2010 immigration law, the term “illegal alien” was used 11 times - each time by a Supreme Court justice and seven of those times by the self-described “wise Latina,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
This logical and correct use of the English language inside the high court is not new, and it should end the silly demands from the illegal-alien lobby fringe that they be allowed to redefine the language to fit their open-borders agenda. They should not be.
President, Dustin Inman Society
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset