- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Word police fail to strike ‘alien’ from lexicon
In the brazen world of the illegal-alien lobby, there is no end to the angry efforts to stop any use of the accurate term “illegal alien” to describe noncitizens present in the United States in violation of our immigration laws.
As if to highlight their lack of shame and limitless race-baiting skills, many anti-enforcement hucksters have compared the use of the legally correct term “illegal alien” to the reprehensible use of the N-word to describe black Americans.
That said, for pro-enforcement Americans, it is more than a little entertaining to witness the far-left’s howling over the fact that during the recent 80-minute-long Supreme Court hearing on Arizona’s 2010 immigration law, the term “illegal alien” was used 11 times - each time by a Supreme Court justice and seven of those times by the self-described “wise Latina,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
This logical and correct use of the English language inside the high court is not new, and it should end the silly demands from the illegal-alien lobby fringe that they be allowed to redefine the language to fit their open-borders agenda. They should not be.
President, Dustin Inman Society
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same