- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Word police fail to strike ‘alien’ from lexicon
In the brazen world of the illegal-alien lobby, there is no end to the angry efforts to stop any use of the accurate term “illegal alien” to describe noncitizens present in the United States in violation of our immigration laws.
As if to highlight their lack of shame and limitless race-baiting skills, many anti-enforcement hucksters have compared the use of the legally correct term “illegal alien” to the reprehensible use of the N-word to describe black Americans.
That said, for pro-enforcement Americans, it is more than a little entertaining to witness the far-left’s howling over the fact that during the recent 80-minute-long Supreme Court hearing on Arizona’s 2010 immigration law, the term “illegal alien” was used 11 times - each time by a Supreme Court justice and seven of those times by the self-described “wise Latina,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
This logical and correct use of the English language inside the high court is not new, and it should end the silly demands from the illegal-alien lobby fringe that they be allowed to redefine the language to fit their open-borders agenda. They should not be.
President, Dustin Inman Society
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff