- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Word police fail to strike ‘alien’ from lexicon
In the brazen world of the illegal-alien lobby, there is no end to the angry efforts to stop any use of the accurate term “illegal alien” to describe noncitizens present in the United States in violation of our immigration laws.
As if to highlight their lack of shame and limitless race-baiting skills, many anti-enforcement hucksters have compared the use of the legally correct term “illegal alien” to the reprehensible use of the N-word to describe black Americans.
That said, for pro-enforcement Americans, it is more than a little entertaining to witness the far-left’s howling over the fact that during the recent 80-minute-long Supreme Court hearing on Arizona’s 2010 immigration law, the term “illegal alien” was used 11 times - each time by a Supreme Court justice and seven of those times by the self-described “wise Latina,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
This logical and correct use of the English language inside the high court is not new, and it should end the silly demands from the illegal-alien lobby fringe that they be allowed to redefine the language to fit their open-borders agenda. They should not be.
President, Dustin Inman Society
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'