- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii gives residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Word police fail to strike ‘alien’ from lexicon
In the brazen world of the illegal-alien lobby, there is no end to the angry efforts to stop any use of the accurate term “illegal alien” to describe noncitizens present in the United States in violation of our immigration laws.
As if to highlight their lack of shame and limitless race-baiting skills, many anti-enforcement hucksters have compared the use of the legally correct term “illegal alien” to the reprehensible use of the N-word to describe black Americans.
That said, for pro-enforcement Americans, it is more than a little entertaining to witness the far-left’s howling over the fact that during the recent 80-minute-long Supreme Court hearing on Arizona’s 2010 immigration law, the term “illegal alien” was used 11 times - each time by a Supreme Court justice and seven of those times by the self-described “wise Latina,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
This logical and correct use of the English language inside the high court is not new, and it should end the silly demands from the illegal-alien lobby fringe that they be allowed to redefine the language to fit their open-borders agenda. They should not be.
President, Dustin Inman Society
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment