- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Attack Wright? Wrong. Attack Bain? Refrain
N.J.’s Booker calls campaigns’ tactics ‘nauseating,’ ‘distraction’
“We’ve said that’s not fair game,” he said.
Both sides now have promised that religion will be off-limits in the campaign, but Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus thinks that the Obama team actually would be happy to have Mr. Wright or Mr. Romney’s faith take center stage. Mr. Priebus said the administration is looking for a distraction from the struggling economy.
“He wants this story to play out in the media. He can’t change the truth and escape the reality of where we are in this American economy,” Mr. Priebus said, also speaking on “State of the Union.”
On ABC’s “This Week,” House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, echoed those sentiments and said it will come down to Mr. Obama’s economic record and Mr. Romney’s plan for the future. He called the plan to attack Mr. Wright “nonsense.”
On the same program, Mr. Boehner’s Democratic counterpart, Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, agreed and flatly said, “This election is not about Rev. Wright.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPAC 2014: Democrats target convention as part of midterm-election strategy
- Obama urges Putin in phone call: De-escalate crisis in Ukraine
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- Undaunted, Obama continues minimum-wage push
- U.S. Lawmakers see exports of natural gas as a way to help Ukraine
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again