- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Attack Wright? Wrong. Attack Bain? Refrain
N.J.’s Booker calls campaigns’ tactics ‘nauseating,’ ‘distraction’
“We’ve said that’s not fair game,” he said.
Both sides now have promised that religion will be off-limits in the campaign, but Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus thinks that the Obama team actually would be happy to have Mr. Wright or Mr. Romney’s faith take center stage. Mr. Priebus said the administration is looking for a distraction from the struggling economy.
“He wants this story to play out in the media. He can’t change the truth and escape the reality of where we are in this American economy,” Mr. Priebus said, also speaking on “State of the Union.”
On ABC’s “This Week,” House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, echoed those sentiments and said it will come down to Mr. Obama’s economic record and Mr. Romney’s plan for the future. He called the plan to attack Mr. Wright “nonsense.”
On the same program, Mr. Boehner’s Democratic counterpart, Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, agreed and flatly said, “This election is not about Rev. Wright.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- White House: Exporting natural gas to Europe, Ukraine not the answer
- China's President Xi urges Obama to show restraint with Russia, urges diplomatic solution
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Ukrainian Prime Minister Yatsenyuk to meet with Obama at White House
- Cruz: Putin taking advantage of Obama's weakness
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again