- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Attack Wright? Wrong. Attack Bain? Refrain
N.J.’s Booker calls campaigns’ tactics ‘nauseating,’ ‘distraction’
“We’ve said that’s not fair game,” he said.
Both sides now have promised that religion will be off-limits in the campaign, but Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus thinks that the Obama team actually would be happy to have Mr. Wright or Mr. Romney’s faith take center stage. Mr. Priebus said the administration is looking for a distraction from the struggling economy.
“He wants this story to play out in the media. He can’t change the truth and escape the reality of where we are in this American economy,” Mr. Priebus said, also speaking on “State of the Union.”
On ABC’s “This Week,” House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, echoed those sentiments and said it will come down to Mr. Obama’s economic record and Mr. Romney’s plan for the future. He called the plan to attack Mr. Wright “nonsense.”
On the same program, Mr. Boehner’s Democratic counterpart, Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, agreed and flatly said, “This election is not about Rev. Wright.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- What will a grandchild mean for Hillary?
- What will a grandchild mean for Hillary Clinton?
- Obama to tour site of Washington mudslide
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.