- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Carpenter qualifies for Indianapolis 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Ed Carpenter has become the 33rd driver to qualify for the Indianapolis 500, assuring race officials they will have a full field for the May 27 race.
Minutes later, Charlie Kimball became the fourth driver to crash on the 2.5-mile oval in two days.
When Kimball's car got below the white line going through the first turn on the hot, slick track, the back end of the car spun and took Kimball into the outside wall. The car bounced off, then slid down the track and rolled to a stop on the inside of the first turn.
Kimball climbed out and did not appear to be seriously hurt.
Three drivers _ Carpenter, Bryan Clauson and Oriol Servia _ crashed during Saturday's qualifying. All three made the starting grid Sunday.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again