- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Agent: Gwynn joins Tull in Padres bid
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Tony Gwynn's agent says the Hall of Famer is joining movie producer Thomas Tull in an attempt to buy the San Diego Padres.
Agent John Boggs says Gwynn's role with Tull's group hasn't been defined.
Tull, the chairman of Legendary Entertainment, is among several people interested in buying the Padres. Majority owner John Moores announced last month that he was selling the team after minority owner Jeff Moorad abandoned his attempt to gain controlling interest.
Gwynn played for the Padres his entire 20-season big league career. He didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
Gwynn currently is baseball coach at his alma mater, San Diego State. Boggs says it's too early to say what Gwynn will do if Tull is the successful bidder for the Padres. Boggs says Gwynn met with Tull last week.
A spokesman for Tull didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq