- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Agent: Gwynn joins Tull in Padres bid
Question of the Day
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Tony Gwynn's agent says the Hall of Famer is joining movie producer Thomas Tull in an attempt to buy the San Diego Padres.
Agent John Boggs says Gwynn's role with Tull's group hasn't been defined.
Tull, the chairman of Legendary Entertainment, is among several people interested in buying the Padres. Majority owner John Moores announced last month that he was selling the team after minority owner Jeff Moorad abandoned his attempt to gain controlling interest.
Gwynn played for the Padres his entire 20-season big league career. He didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
Gwynn currently is baseball coach at his alma mater, San Diego State. Boggs says it's too early to say what Gwynn will do if Tull is the successful bidder for the Padres. Boggs says Gwynn met with Tull last week.
A spokesman for Tull didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world