- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
Many forced to fly solo, even on family vacations
Travelers balk at fee for adjacent seats
Airlines are searching for more ways to raise revenue to offset rising fuel costs. In the past five years, they have added fees for checked baggage, watching TV, skipping security lines and boarding early. Now they are turning to seats.
“Airlines have to be careful. They can only push this so far before they risk incurring the wrath of customers or the government,” says Henry Harteveldt, co-founder of Atmosphere Research Group.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Sheryl Sandberg, Beyonce are bossy women trying to ban bossy from our vocabulary
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- As Ukraine crisis simmers, U.S. transport planes heading to Poland
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014