- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
Taking Names: Lady Gaga’s second concert in Manila approved
Question of the Day
The memoir will be a “funny and moving” story of Ms. Burnett’s relationship with her daughter, an actress and writer who appeared on stage in the musical “Rent” and on such television shows as “Touched by an Angel” and “The X-Files.” Carol Burnett’s previous books include “This Time Together” and “One More Time.”
Jay-Z, Pearl Jam, Skrillex to perform at Philly festival
Pearl Jam, Skrillex and D’Angelo are among the performers scheduled to take the stage at the Made in America music festival Jay-Z is curating in Philadelphia in September.
Jay-Z will also perform, as will Janelle Monae, Passion Pit, Odd Future, Santigold, Afrojack, Calvin Harris and Rick Ross and his Maybach Music group.
The festival at Fairmount Park will feature 28 acts over Labor Day weekend. Tickets for the two-day festival are to go on sale Wednesday.
Jay-Z announced plans for the event last week atop the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Proceeds will benefit the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
More performers will be announced later.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world