- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
UK hacker hits Justin Bieber’s girlfriend account
LONDON (AP) - Britain’s judiciary says that a 21-year-old sentenced last week for hacking into a U.S.-based Facebook account accessed the page belonging to teen actress Selena Gomez, who is the girlfriend of pop idol Justin Bieber.
Gareth Crosskey was jailed for 12 months Wednesday after pleading guilty to crimes under Britain’s Computer Misuse Act. His victim wasn’t identified at the time, but The Sun newspaper named her as Gomez.
The tabloid said Crosskey posted the words “Justin Bieber sucks” to her Facebook page, prompting a torrent of abuse from the singer’s fans. It also said Crosskey claimed to have intercepted messages between the pair.
Britain’s judicial official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in line with office rules, confirmed Tuesday that The Sun’s story was accurate.
Gomez’s representatives did not immediately return emails.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Listening to the heartbeat of Louisiana, including events, food, family and culture.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow