- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
‘What to Expect..’ stars in London for UK premiere
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The stars of the romantic comedy “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” had plenty of praise for each other _ and a warning about making out on the hood of a car _ during the film’s British premiere in London on Tuesday.
The film _ inspired by the bestselling book by Heidi Murkoff, and also featuring Jennifer Lopez, Dennis Quaid, Cheryl Cole and Chris Rock _ looks at love through the eyes of five interconnected couples as they experience pregnancy and childbirth.
“The scene where we kind of make out on the hood of a car, it all looks pretty sexy and cool and fun, but I would not recommend trying to do that,” she said. “It is uncomfortable. My legs were covered in bruises the next day. So I hope that it looks really nice, but it was actually quite a painful experience.”
Director Kirk Jones gave high marks to Diaz, saying she was “phenomenal” in the scene where she gave birth.
“The concern as the director is always that you turn up on set, and an actress doesn’t want to give her all because she’ll be thinking, `I don’t want to look too sweaty, I don’t want to look too red, you know, I don’t want to really go for this,’” he said. “But she went for it, in a big way, yeah.”
“There’s this one part where she wraps her legs around me, and I have to spin her around, and I said, `Hold me tight because I don’t want to, like, drop you and it’s gonna help with me turning you around,’” he said. “And she squeezed me so hard I couldn’t even breathe. It was, like, `Damn it, let go, let go.’ She’s so strong, she’s so strong.”
Singer and former “X Factor” judge Cole takes on her first acting role in the movie as a judge in a celebrity dance-off contest.
Diaz gave her a thumbs-up, saying, “She played it beautifully, she was fun and entertaining and she provided a great energy for the set.”
“What to Expect When You’re Expecting” open in the U.K. on Friday.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq