- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from Britain incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
2 stabbed during altercation near Metro station
Two men who stabbed each other during a fight outside the Friendship Heights Metro Station Thursday night are now both facing assault charges, according to Montgomery County police.
Officers responded to 5404 Wisconsin Avenue around 3 a.m. Thursday for a report of an injured person and found 24-year-old Jose Antonio Hernandez suffering from a stab wound to the chest. He was taken to a local hospital and remained there Thursday afternoon while he was treated for a punctured lung, police officials said.
A short time after the stabbing, Metropolitan Police Department officers arrested Phillip Enyeazyi, 53, near Wisconsin Avenue and Van Ness Street in Northwest D.C. in connection with the attack.
Montgomery County police said the two men got into a fight near the Metro station and stabbed one another during the altercation. Both will be charged with first- and second-degree assault.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014