- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
Elton John falls sick, cancels 3 Las Vegas shows
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Elton John is canceling three Las Vegas performances on doctors’ orders after being hospitalized with a respiratory infection.
Officials with Caesars Entertainment say the Thursday, Saturday and Sunday performances of “The Million Dollar Piano” are being cancelled.
Show officials say Elton John came down with the infection last weekend and was admitted Wednesday to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was later released.
Doctors recommended he not perform for a week and take antibiotics.
The singer says in a statement that he’s sorry he can’t be with his fans at The Colosseum.
Ticket holders are eligible for refunds or exchanges at the site where they bought tickets.
“The Million Dollar Piano” launched in September for a three-year run and features the singer’s classic songs.
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq