- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Luxury home: Pampered lifestyle in Bethesda condo
Features such as a health club and security and concierge services may be expected at upscale condominium residences in the Washington, D.C., area, but few reach the heights of including an on-site car and driver for residents’ private use.
The oldest working quarry in the region is about to become one of the area’s most luxurious condominium communities, known as Quarry Springs at Stoneyhurst. At 8101 River Road in Bethesda, this exclusive community of 97 homes in four buildings will rest on a 13½-acre site.
While the services and amenities of the homes at Quarry Springs will be stellar, the attractions of the community itself also are part of the draw. A 50-foot, three-level waterfall will provide a dramatic focal point for the neighborhood as it splashes past a gazebo and terrace into a landscaped stream that meanders throughout the community. Hiking and biking trails will lead from the community to Cabin John Regional Park and trails and paths leading all the way to the Mall.
The grounds at Quarry Springs will include a formal lawn, perfect for a wedding, croquet or cricket, and a casual lawn for picnics. Residents will enjoy a community garden, a swimming pool with an outdoor spa, a fire pit and a grilling area with views of the waterfall and stream.
Residents will be able to gather with their friends and neighbors in the 10,000-square-foot clubhouse, which will have a health and fitness club and lounges with pool tables, pinball machines, table tennis and a large TV, as well as a business center, a library, a kitchen and a bar. A cafe and coffee shop also will be on the premises.
Homeowners will enjoy concierge services six days a week, site maintenance five days a week and a daily on-site manager. In addition to 24-hour monitoring, the community will have backup generators to protect residents from power outages.
The individual homes at Quarry Springs, each with two or three bedrooms, will have 2,200 to more than 4,000 finished square feet. Each home will have direct access into the home from a private elevator from the lobby or underground garage. The private garage for some homes can accommodate up to three cars. Each home will have a terrace, and the buildings have been designed so that most residences have a view from windows on one side straight through to the other.
Base prices for the homes range from $1,800,000 to $4,000,000. Condominium fees have yet to be determined.
Buyers can customize their homes with a choice of walnut, cherry or oak flooring in different finishes, as well as 10 styles and colors of kitchen cabinets. Each home has hardwood flooring throughout, granite counters in the kitchen, a Sub-Zero refrigerator, a Wolf gas range, two walk-in closets in the master suite, a gas fireplace and gas heat. The homes have ceiling heights of 10½ to 11 feet.
The Lafayette model, with 4,450 square feet, has an additional 2,100 square feet of terraces that wrap around the master bedroom, living room, third bedroom, family room and sunroom. The base price is dependent on where the home is located.
This home has a formal living room with a fireplace, a formal dining room and a center-island kitchen with a breakfast bar. The family room has two sets of French doors opening onto a terrace as well as a third set of French doors opening into the sunroom. The sunroom has a sliding glass door plus two more sets of French doors, all opening onto the terrace.
This model includes a luxurious master suite with two walk-in closets and a standard closet as well as a luxury bath with a corner soaking tub and a separate shower. Two more bedrooms, two more full baths, a powder room, a laundry room and several walk-in storage closets complete this home.
For more information, contact Realtors Zelda Heller or Michael Moore at 202/257-1226 or visit www.QuarrySprings.com. The sales center, at 5454 Wisconsin Ave. in Chevy Chase, is open.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014