- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Anne Hathaway’s ex-boyfriend freed from Pa. prison
LORETTO, PA. (AP) - An Italian ex-boyfriend of actress Anne Hathaway has been released from a Pennsylvania federal prison following a real-estate scam.
Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Chris Burke says Raffaello Follieri was released Friday morning from a prison in Loretto, 80 miles east of Pittsburgh. He says non-residents are usually transferred to immigration authorities.
Follieri pleaded guilty to cheating investors by falsely claiming he had Vatican connections that enabled him to buy church property at a discount. He was sentenced in 2008 to 4 1/2 years in prison.
Follieri agrees he owes more than $3.6 million to those he ripped off. The proceeds supported a playboy lifestyle that included a $37,000-a-month New York City apartment and lavish vacations with the star of “The Princess Diaries.”
They dated for four years.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!