- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Heat resting up before return to East finals
Question of the Day
James missed a layup with 1:34 left in the first half on Thursday, his left leg crashing into a television cameraman sitting just beyond the baseline. He was shaken up and briefly tended to on the Heat bench, but played all but 28 seconds of the second half and insisted he was fine afterward. And Miller _ who has dealt with several injuries in his two Miami seasons _ makes running jokes about his health, not even acknowledging things hurt even though he’s taken to sitting on the floor during games of late to help stretch his back.
Miller had 10 points in the first five games of the series. His 12 on Thursday came on four 3-pointers, his specialty.
“It’s all about opportunity,” Miller said. “That’s what this team has right now, opportunity.”
The way they all see it, the job is only half done. Miami has eight postseason wins. It takes 16 to win an NBA title. So even though some aches and pains are there, it doesn’t change the goal.
“It’s a no-excuse season,” Spoelstra said, a familiar refrain for him in recent weeks. “And this is a no-excuse team.”
Follow Tim Reynolds on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ByTimReynolds
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world