- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lockerbie bomber allowed to die free
Question of the Day
When the infamous Lockerbie bomber, Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, was released on "compassionate grounds" by the justice-blind Scots in August 2009, the world was told he was "near death." Well, he has only now passed away, nearly three years later ("Convicted Lockerbie bomber buried in Libya," Web, Monday).
I suppose those in the government of Scotland behind this scheme have a different interpretation of the words "near death" than reasonable people do. I hope they are happy that they were able to afford a ruthless mass murderer years of freedom: the ability to breathe fresh air and to spend time with his family, the things that were denied to those he slaughtered and their families, upon whom he imposed a life sentence of pain, grief and misery.
OREN M. SPIEGLER
Upper St. Clair, Pa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- A series of missteps steers Obama's trip off course
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans