- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lockerbie bomber allowed to die free
Question of the Day
When the infamous Lockerbie bomber, Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, was released on "compassionate grounds" by the justice-blind Scots in August 2009, the world was told he was "near death." Well, he has only now passed away, nearly three years later ("Convicted Lockerbie bomber buried in Libya," Web, Monday).
I suppose those in the government of Scotland behind this scheme have a different interpretation of the words "near death" than reasonable people do. I hope they are happy that they were able to afford a ruthless mass murderer years of freedom: the ability to breathe fresh air and to spend time with his family, the things that were denied to those he slaughtered and their families, upon whom he imposed a life sentence of pain, grief and misery.
OREN M. SPIEGLER
Upper St. Clair, Pa.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality