- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Daly of US unscathed after big crash in Monaco
Question of the Day
Daly’s car was almost vertical as it slid before hitting the top of the catch fencing on the left, almost flipping right over. It skidded into the barriers on the other side.
Amazingly, Daly walked away unhurt and no track officials were injured as debris flew around the track.
He played down the crash but was relieved to be safe.
“Thank you (at)GP3_Official for having a safe car. That was definitely the biggest crash I’ve ever had,” he said on his Twitter page.
However, he was furious with Suranovic , blaming him for the incident.
Daly acted so coolly after the crash, it seemed nothing had happened. He even remembered to put his steering wheel back into place before jumping out as relieved Lotus officials looked on.
Daly’s father, Derek Daly, became an Indianapolis 500 driver in the 1980s after several years driving in Formula One, where he competed in 64 Grand Prix.
Daly’s stepfather is Doug Boles, the vice president of communications for Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Calling sentence disparities unfair, Obama pardons 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow