- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Economy Briefs: Home prices rise in most major American cities
Question of the Day
Home prices rise in most major American cities
Home prices rose in March from February in most major U.S. cities for the first time in seven months. The increase is the latest evidence of a slow recovery taking shape in the troubled housing market.
The Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller home price index shows that prices increased in 12 of the 20 cities it tracks.
Three of the weakest markets reported signs of improvement. Prices increased in Tampa, Fla., and Miami, while prices in Las Vegas were unchanged.
The biggest month-over-month increases were in Phoenix, Seattle and Dallas. Prices dropped sharply in Detroit, Chicago and Atlanta.
The increases partly reflect the beginning of the spring selling season. The month-to-month prices aren’t adjusted for seasonal factors.
The overall index of 20 cities was essentially unchanged in March, after falling 0.8 percent in February.
FedEx buying company for undisclosed sum
MEMPHIS | FedEx says it will expand in Latin America with its purchase of a Brazilian transportation and logistics company.
FedEx is buying Rapidao Cometa Logistica e Transportes SA, one of the largest logistics companies in Brazil. Rapidao has been its authorized representative in Brazil for 11 years.
With Rapidao, FedEx is getting about 770 vehicles and trailers, approximately 9,000 workers in Brazil and 45 branches.
Terms of the deal were not released.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors