- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
B.o.B gets advice from Chris Martin for 2nd album
Question of the Day
AP: What did you want to do on this album?
B.o.B: You can have a good album with good songs, but I wanted a good album that was organically good, something that really felt like, “Man, only B.o.B has this music, only B.o.B makes this type of sound.” I felt like in order to do that I really had to not let the success of the first album make me complacent.
AP: When you were a kid did you know you wanted to be a musician?
B.o.B: It wasn’t until I was 13 when I was really strongly adamant about being an emcee, to the point where it was like I had an ultimatum and I was like, “Man, I really need to decide what I’m going to do with my life.”
AP: So you were a serious 13-year-old?
B.o.B: Absolutely. That mentality at 13 to become an emcee wholeheartedly, you know, it’s a danger to it and risk to it because you neglect certain things that you automatically count off as not being necessary for this type of lifestyle. As a kid I was like, “I don’t need school or books. I’m an emcee; I’ll make it off of that.” And granted, I did, but it’s like, you don’t really know, you just have all the faith that you can have and then it’s left up to the universe to make it happen. So, it’s been like this since I was 13.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq