- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
New in Virginia: Marrwood at Stone Ridge
Question of the Day
Van Metre Homes is building 53 single-family homes on sites of one-third to one-half acre at Marrwood at Stone Ridge in Aldie, a planned community with a shopping center, two swimming pools, an aquatic playground, a clubhouse, an amphitheater, tennis courts, parks and ball fields.
Each home in this Loudoun County community will include a stone water table, vinyl siding, professional landscaping, an asphalt drive and a two- or three-car garage.
Inside, all six models feature four bedrooms; 2½ to 4½ baths; hardwood flooring in the foyer, hall and powder room; oak stairs; crown and chair-rail molding; a gas fireplace; 42-inch flat-panel maple cabinets, granite counters, ceramic tile flooring and recessed lighting in the kitchen; ceramic tile flooring in the baths; a luxury master bath with a soaking tub and separate shower; a high-tech wiring system; and gas heat.
The homes have approximately 3,295 to 4,315 finished square feet, with base prices from $594,990 to $679,990. Homeowner association fees are $104 per month.
The Prescott model, with 3,627 square feet, is priced from $629,990. This home features a front porch leading to a two-story foyer with French doors into a study.
The main level also has a living room, a formal dining room, a family room with a wall of windows, and a center-island kitchen and breakfast area. Buyers can add a deck and a morning room to this level, which also has a powder room.
Upstairs, the master suite has a coffered ceiling, a sitting area in the bedroom, two walk-in closets and a luxury bath.
The second bedroom has a private full bath, while the third and fourth bedrooms share a connecting bath.
A laundry room and an open retreat for a play area or children's study complete this level. Buyers can convert the retreat to a fifth bedroom and a fourth bath.
Other options include a finished lower level, bay window and extra fireplaces.
For more information or directions, call sales manager Rhonda Atkins at 703/764-5414 or visit www.vanmetrehomes.com.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world