- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Republicans abandon 11th-hour Vikings stadium plan
ST. PAUL, MINN. (AP) - Minnesota legislative Republicans are dropping a last-minute proposal to finance a new $975 million Minnesota Vikings stadium by issuing bonds directly tied to the state’s general treasury and are scheduling a vote on an existing proposal.
House Majority Leader Matt Dean cited “impediments” on Thursday for giving up on their general obligation bonding proposal that came to light only Tuesday. House Speaker Kurt Zellers said the Legislature will vote Monday on another plan that relies on an expansion of gambling.
Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton, lawmakers from his party and some Republicans have been trying to figure out how to finance the new Vikings stadium. The team no longer has a lease to play in the Metrodome.
Zellers says personally opposes the bill and isn’t sure it’ll pass.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again