- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Flopping, flagrants, Olympics on Stern’s mind
Colangelo has said he doesn’t want to discuss the proposal until after the Olympics, believing it is a distraction to bring it up now. It’s unknown how FIBA would feel, knowing how much basketball has grown in the 20 years NBA players started playing in the Olympics.
Stern also said the league is confident in the arbitration case the union brought against it involving the Bird Rights of the Knicks’ Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, among others.
According to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the player keeps his rights, which allow teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign them, if he changed teams by trade. The players’ association argues that a player and his contract going from one team to another should also maintain his rights through a waiver claim.
“We believe that the position that we are espousing here is the one that the contract says is the one and that the arbitrator will confirm,” Stern said.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.