- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Huber-Raymond ousted in 1st round of French Open
PARIS (AP) - Top-seeded Americans Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond lost in the first round of the French Open women’s doubles Wednesday, falling 6-3, 7-5 to Kaia Kanepi of Estonia and Zhang Shuai of China.
“It’s been a tough few weeks for us on clay,” Lisa Raymond said. “We thought we were as prepared as we could have been. Unfortunately, I guess we weren’t.”
In the men’s tournament, the second-seeded Bob and Mike Bryan beat Mikhail Youzhny of Russia and Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine 7-5, 6-3.
“It’s always nice to get out of the first round because that’s when the nerves are probably at their highest,” Bob Bryan said.
The American twins won the French Open in 2003.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014