- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Canadian police think body-parts suspect is overseas
OTTAWA (AP) — A porn actor wanted in a case in which body parts from a dismembered corpse were mailed to places including the Conservative Party headquarters might have fled North America, Canadian police said Thursday.
The 29-year-old Mr. Magnotta has been added to Interpol’s list of wanted persons.
“We believe he may be in a foreign country,” Cmdr. Lafreniere told the Associated Press. “He left a letter on a website mentioning how to disappear for good, and secondly our investigation brought us some details that might let us think that he could be away from the country.”
Cmdr. Lafreniere said police have an idea where he might have fled, but he declined to say where.
Cmdr. Lafreniere also said police have been trying to take down an online video that they believe shows Mr. Magnotta committing the murder. The video shows a man stabbing another man with an ice pick while the victim lies naked and tied up. The first man later reveals he has slashed the other man’s throat. He also dismembers the corpse and performs sexual acts with it.
Cmdr. Lafreniere said authorities were able to take down the video Tuesday night but that it keeps reappearing online.
“It’s horrible. I can’t believe people take advantage of watching this,” he said.
The case began Tuesday when police found a man’s torso in a suitcase behind Mr. Magnotta’s apartment and a severed foot was found in a package mailed to the Conservative Party headquarters in Ottawa. A hand was found in a separate package at a postal facility, addressed to the Liberal Party of Canada.
Other body parts remain missing, and Cmdr. Lafreniere said police are investigating the possibility that other body parts might have been mailed. It wasn’t clear why the body parts were mailed to party offices.
Police said Mr. Magnotta is also known by the names Eric Clinton Newman and Vladimir Romanov. They described him as white and 5 feet 8 inches tall with blue eyes and black hair. A police official said he was a porn actor.
His Internet presence indicates he is a bisexual porn actor and model.
Mr. Magnotta, from Peterborough, Ontario, was renting an apartment in a working-class Montreal neighborhood. Police in masks combed through the blood-streaked apartment Wednesday.
Mike Gauthier, who has lived in the building for three years, said Mr. Magnotta’s apartment was emptied before he apparently vanished in recent days. There were no clothes and no books inside, he said.
Few tenants said they knew Mr. Magnotta, who had lived in the building only for about four months. They described him as a feminine man who was quiet and aloof but pleasant at times.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014