- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Kim withdraws from Wells Fargo with wrist injury
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Anthony Kim withdrew from the third straight tournament Friday at the Wells Fargo Championship.
Kim told PGA Tour officials that he had pain in his right wrist and elbow, along with the left thumb, which he had surgery on two years ago. He said this week there was no structural damage, but he couldn’t shake the injury.
Kim said he would review his options before deciding whether to complete next week in The Players Championship.
“I’ve tried to play through the injuries, but I know from experience that it will only make matters worse,” Kim said in a statement. “I’m going to get it looked at and do what I need to do to get back to full health.”
Kim is at No. 210 on the money list. He would lose his full PGA Tour card if he doesn’t finish in the top 125 this year. However, if he’s out for a prolonged time period, he could seek a medical exemption for next year.
Kim withdrew from the Houston Open after opening with a 79. Two weeks ago at the Texas Open, he struck a rock trying to hit out of a bush and withdrew because of pain that shot through both arms. He said he did not hit balls for 10 days.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.